This November Digital Women LIVE is back! An event that first brought together our community. With 300 Digital Women with Natwest, in Central London sharing and learning useful digital, business skills and advice. In this series, we are spotlighting our speakers, many of whom are an active part of the Digital Women community, continually sharing advice and helping other community members.
This Speaker Spotlight highlights: Christine Gritmon, Personal Brand Strategist, Christine Gritmon Inc. and her skills session:
Be A Bigger Deal!
Let’s learn more about Christine:
1. Corporate beauty industry, marketing support services & creative project management
2. Creative freelancer (writer, graphic designer, Photoshop humorist) (yes, really)
3. Local journalist (discovered social media and personal branding, got promoted to help others in the newsroom do the same while increasing their engagement with our community)
4. Social media strategist (self-employed; evolved from doing social for local restaurants, to teaching local small businesses how to do their own social media better, to coaching professionals on how to rock their personal brands online in a bigger, bolder way)
5. Still doing that (personal brand coaching, speaking, content creation, etc.) but also am Senior Editor of Community at Social Media Pulse, a freestanding online community for social media professionals to learn, connect, and grow.
First off – What do you love about Digital Women Events?
Digital Women get the smartest women to appear (not just saying that since I’ll be there—I always admire the lineup!), and everyone is so genuinely enthused about lifting each other up. ❤️
What does your session focus on and how will attendees benefit?
The only way to raise your professional profile on your own terms is to first get out of your own way by recognizing that you deserve it—and, more importantly, that other people deserve to benefit from your gifts! We’ll run through some of the head trash that prevents us from owning our own amazingness, and emerge with a better sense of how to define, refine, and shine!
What will be the key takeaways from your session?
1. The ways you’re sabotaging yourself—that you may not even be fully aware of
2. Why those reasons are rubbish;3. How to get past them and ask yourself the REAL questions that get to the core of who you are and why you rock!
Whats the most exciting thing you’ve seen in DIGITAL in the last 12 months?
Wasn’t excited about audio. Have since come around. It’s fascinating that it’s making such a massive comeback, bigger than before. You’d think video would have killed the audio star, but thanks to Zoom fatigue and a glut of live streams, audio is now feeling like a more palatable form of digital intimacy.
What challenges do you feel you may be facing in the coming years with your role / business?
Since I have a full-time job, but my own personal star is still rising, I’m having difficulty figuring out my personal path and where it fits in with my path for Social Media Pulse. They can definitely co-exist and in fact help each other out—I’m just working out the details of how.
What’s been your best success story to date and why?
I always love it when a client from years ago who HATED social media and was deathly afraid and resistant finds a platform or content type they’re comfortable with and it unlocks something within them, and I see the continuing to rock it years later. I have a client who wanted to outsource the whole darn thing, but then she fell in love with Instagram and it became a creative outlet for her.
I have another who has channelled her dry sense of humour into informative yet also entertaining Reels. I have another two who are STILL dutifully using the Canva templates I made for them five years ago, posting regular, fresh content week after week. I’m so proud of them all for not only facing their discomfort, and for putting their trust in my expertise, but also for GROWING from there and making it something they can call their own, even doing things I didn’t even teach them myself because they’ve since discovered new things on their own.
Finally, what would you like to see in digital in the future?
I would dearly like for there to still be digital social spaces that are not in the Metaverse.
Connect with Christine: